Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Part time temp work

My last day of work will be this Friday the 6th. I'm going to miss working at the Chiropractic office. I've never had a job I enjoyed so much. Needless to say, I'll have some free time on my hands after this. I signed up on sittercity.com and immediately found a start up assisted living facility needing someone to cover a few shifts right away. I'm here right now, and will be all day. I have always enjoyed working with seniors, and it's good to have something to fall back on for work. I've had almost 5 years of experience, so it's easy to get in the door on these kinds of jobs. I sure seem to be good at finding the easy jobs... I'm only caring for one woman here who stays in bed all day. I've brought movies and games to pass the time, and I have access to the internet all day. It's a comfortable job, and of course I'm working alone. I always like the jobs that I can work alone and manage my own responsibilities. I think I am a great employee, but I don't like having other co-workers to measure up to. I always get my work done, but I'm not fond of trying to look busy when the boss is hanging around and there's nothing to do. Today is Tuesday, and I'll be working here Thursday as well. Instead of being lazy at home, I'm being lazy here and getting paid for it. Not too bad.

3 comments:

Amy said...

So you quit a job to go to another job? HUH? explain to me that, aren't you gonna go to school or something? Plus you guys are movin soon too...I guess I just explained it for myself! lol :)

Plaidlobster said...

I'm sorry you had to leave your great job. But I'm glad you found a temp job until you move. I love you and miss you! Good luck with the move!

Allison said...

Alyson, I am so happy to find your blog. I am adding it to my list so I can keep updated. Hope all is going well. Good luck with the temp. job and the move.