Saturday, May 24, 2008
Ode to my faithful Corolla
Today, I sold my dear and faithful friend, for $2000 dollars. It felt like blood money. She may be just a car, but she was around longer than almost anyone I've known. My Corolla saw me through every boyfriend, every job, bad weather, good weather... I cried in my car, kissed boys in my car, sang at the top of my lungs in my car... She never judged me and was always there for me. Truly, she was a good car. I had almost no problems with her... she just kept chugging along. Even when I would drive and drive on fumes because I didn't have money to fill up, she would just keep going. Not once did I ever run out of gas in that car. She was patient with me when I didn't get her oil changed up to 9,000 miles past the oil change date. She made herself invisible to cops and got me home somehow at times I shouldn't have been driving her. She put up with bumps and scratches, extreme heat and freezing storms. I feel as if I've lost a good friend forever. I admit sometimes I would talk to her. No matter how horrible or selfish I had been, she was still there for me and drove me quietly home. She played sad music when I needed to be sad, and fun music when I needed to forget being sad. For seven years, my Corolla stayed by my side and went everywhere I went. As she turned the corner, and drove out of my life, I began to cry. She was my security. She was my Independence. She was my faithful friend. In short, I do not believe I will ever find a car as faithful and as dear to me as my good old 1996 Corolla.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ahh how sad! I have to say I was excited the last time I drove my little Corolla. But now we move on to bigger and better cars and hopefully we'll feel just as touched as the corolla's made us feel!
Post a Comment