So, I finished school... with two A's and one A- I got my A- in POTTERY... Which was really irritating because it brought my GPA down to a 3.9 instead of the 4.0 I've been so proud of.
December was stressful. I had finals. I had Christmas. I had a baby on the way. Lots of planning and list making was the way I stayed sane. Christmas was great! It was our first Christmas "alone." Where we woke up in our own house and did Christmas ourselves before going to visit family later in the day. I was very excited to surprize Tim with a gift of $1,000 dollars worth of gift cards we had won from our local TV station just a week earlier. Santa really did come for Christmas!
I had told the baby he needed to wait till after Christmas to come, but that it would also be good if he would come before the new year so we could get the tax credit and not have to pay the 2010 deductible. That basically left one week that I would be happy with. What a good little boy he was, too! He decided to come December 29th. Four days after Christmas.
Late Monday night, the 28th, I had just finished a long list of things to do for the day. Tim had had the day off and we'd spent it doing last little things to prepare, and packing my hospital bag. I sat down on the couch and remember thinking.. "okay, now I'm pretty much all set and ready for the baby." That was when my water broke. No warning. No contractions all day. Just... "SURPRIZE!! Looks like you'll be spending the night in the hospital instead of your own bed!" It was just a trickle, so I didn't say anything to Tim. I went to the bathroom to check first. (I actually hoped I was wrong because I was really looking forward to shopping with all our giftcards the next day) I came out to the living room with a towel down my pants, and had to interrupt Tim playing the XBox. I said "We're not going shopping tomorrow. My water broke, darn it!" (apparently I don't do well with unexpected changes to my plans... a character flaw that doesn't go well with being a mom!) Of course, I think the idea of shopping instead of labor would be appealing to anyone! (other than my mom, who hates shopping)
Anyway, Tim gets the car ready, I pack a few last minute things, and we're ready to go in five minutes! I asked Tim to give me a blessing before we left. It's a great priviledge to have a worthy Priesthood holder in my home. It wasn't until we arrived at the hospital at nearly 1 am that I began to feel very slight contractions. By 4 am, they were very painful, so I was given an epidural. Oh Wonderful epidural! I actually got to sleep a little after that. I didn't start pushing until 9 am, and then Deacon was born at 9:45!
All in all, I know I had it easy. Easy 9 months. (never even threw up) Easy delivery. Pretty easy baby too. (although Tim would beg to differ)
I plan to keep ya'll a little more updated. (plan being the key word) After all, it's more fun to blog about my cute little boy than myself.
Deacon is now 7 weeks old!!!
1 comment:
wow Alyson! Yeah I had the same trickle at first and then once at the triage room it was like gushing! Deacon is so cute. I'm glad everything went well for you. YES I love epidurals too! lol. Congrats and I hope you can update your blog regularly cuz I'd love to see pics!
Post a Comment