Fall is my favorite season, and in Michigan I can really enjoy it. Texas was so bland. The maple trees here are gorgeous! Fall was one of the things that made moving here bareable. I've looked forward to it for months. It has come and is already leaving. It goes by quickly. Just this last weekend, Tim and I took a little trip up to Big Rapids, which is about an hour and a half north of us. His family owns a farm up there with acres and acres of land. It was so relaxing to stay there. The old farm house has one little bathroom, and is heated with a stove. There's a barn with hay, but no more animals. They recentley sold all their cows. Tim and I walked the whole length of their lot, and got a good work out going up and down the rolling hills. There was a pond and lots of pretty fall colors. Unfortunatley, the weekend before was the good one. We were about a week late, and the colors were already dulling. Also, the weather was gray and cold all weekend, whereas the weekend before had been sunny and crisp. I made the best of it I could, and took a few pictures. My camera is now having problems, and I'm hoping I'll be able to salvage those few pictures I was able to get. I collected a lot of red, yellow, and orange leaves. I even found some that were yellow with bright red polka dots. I'll use them all in some sort of framed leaf mural. I found the perfect frame at an antique shop downtown. We would have stayed two nights at the Aldrich farm, but we had Stake conference to get back to Saturday night. The meeting was over two hours long, and was very uplifting. Tim had a hard time staying awake after our long day, but I thought it was over fast. The following day was the Sunday session, and that was good too. It was nice to see that Grand Rapids DOES have LDS members. The Stake Center was full to the very back and onto the stage. We got there a half hour early, and were lucky to find a small spot for two people on the benches. There may have been a lot of people, but our Stake covers a huge area... all the way up to Big Rapids and past it. Some people had driven nearly two hours to get there. We're lucky, we only live 20 minutes from the Stake Center.
Once I am able to get to my fall pictures, I will be sure to post them up. For now, I'll just post the pictures of Andy in his brand new winter coat! lol...
Here's a video of our walk in the park near our house
6 comments:
well I still haven't met anyone here so I keep in touch with every one via the computer. I don't know what I'd do without it! That coat is so freakin cute I love it! He looks nice and warm! Sounds like the farm is pretty fun. It would be nice to stay in nature like that sometime!
awww look how cute you guys are! :)
I am such a dork. This video is dumb... oh well. It's me. What can I say?
When I lived in Gillette, our stake was just like that. It covered the entire northeastern corner of Wyoming, from S. Dakota all the way to Sheridan and down south to Wright...yeah, all these places you don't know, lol. We were lucky enough to have a single college branch that I attended. That's where I met Casey! Active membership in the branch was about 15 regularly. It was nice to be in a small branch, we had such great companionship and unity. I miss it, it's not the same here in UT.
Hey there. It definitly has been a while. What a cute dog, its not the same as the last one you had. My mom just got a miniture dachsund about one month ago. They are here favorite. I havent met it yet, but I cant wait..Ive only seen a few pictures. So I dont know if you found out yet about how to follow blogs, from your dashboard there should be a "Reading List" and a tab under it that says "blogs Im following"- click on that and hit the ADD button then add anyones website, like clayanderica.blogspot.com .. you can put as many friends on there as you want and when ever someone updates there blog then it will show up to the right in the same section. hope that helps.
WOW!!! Sounds like you guys are having sooo much fun. Love the outfit on your cute puppy!
Post a Comment