Saturday, August 8, 2009

PREGNANT!

So, my hours have been cut at work, and I have a lot more free time on my hands. (Time I really should use for cleaning) But, it's okay that my hours are cut, because it will be easier for me to go to school now. I'll be taking 8 credit hours starting Sept. 1st.
Yes, this is a picture of me pregnant. Four months along now, actually. I found out I was pregnant on May 12th, and had to keep it a secret for two whole months! (Except from Tim of course) We were seeing our family at a reunion in July, so we wanted to wait and tell them in person.
I found out I was pregnant at a doctor appointment. Tim and I had just barely gotten off the pill because we had health insurance, and I wanted to make sure I was all healthy and ready to start trying. I hadn't been to a PCP for over a year, so it was time for a check up anyway. This was my first time seeing this doctor, and I was hoping she would be a good one. (she is) She's a family doctor AND obgyn, so I can kill two birds with one stone. Anyway, they had me pee in a cup, and then she came in and said "Well, your test came back positive." I said "WHAT??!" She said "Ummm... your pregnancy test.... came back positive" I was too dumbfounded. I asked "What does THAT mean??" (she couldn't mean I was already pregnant, could she?) So she said "YOU ARE PREGNANT!" I guess I had to hear it directly like that. It finally clicked in my head, and then I was just in too much shock to answer any of her other questions very well.
I knew I had to tell Tim right away, so I picked up some stuff at the store and then showed up at his work. (He works at Autozone) I told him I had an early birthday present for him and he had to guess what it was (his birthday was in three days) So, I handed him a pink and blue balloon..... didn't phaze him. So then a gave him a babyruth candybar... he said "thanks, but I already ate a candy bar today" And then, I gave him a package of pacifiers.......... He stared at them, looked up at me, and saw me starting to cry. He finally got it. We hugged and cried right in front of his customers. He was in excited shock the rest of the day. (As was I)
Telling my family was even better. It was great telling them at the reunion with EVERYONE there. I gave my parents a photo frame that says "baby" and put our first ultrasound picture in it. There wasn't a dry eye in the room. Everyone is very excited about the new grandchild/neice/nephew.
Tim had a layover in Dallas on his way home from the reunion. He got the layover extended so he could see all his family and tell them about the baby to come. We gave Barb and Rob personalized shirts. His mom's said "My baby's having a baby!" and Rob's shirt was a picture of a pregnant stick figure woman that said "look what my son did." They loved them!
Tim and I are now looking for a new place to live. We're thinking of buying a home... but we'll have to see what we end up doing. The place we live right now is just way too small. It's been getting too cramped for just the two of us as it is. I don't think we could fit another stick of furniture in this house, let alone all the baby stuff we'll need.
It's taken me a while to really believe there will be a baby in our house in about 5 months. Recently, I've been feeling tiny flutterings in my belly, and it helps me to believe there really is a baby in there! We'll find out in two weeks whether it's a boy or girl!

2 comments:

Amy said...

You look pretty big for 4 months, are you sure you're only having 1 baby! lol...You look so cute preggie. You should do pictures every week and keep a journal of how you feel and what it feels like of the baby inside. That's what I did and make a book for our girls. It turned out awesome!

Alyson said...

I'm doing what my mom did for me, which is to keep a journal during the pregnancy, and Deacon's childhood that's all abou him and what he does. I plan to give it to him at a special time in his life... probably at his wedding.