Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I promised an update...

For those of you who are wondering what I'm doing in Michigan.... I have a variety of answers to give. Tim has wanted to move to back home to Michigan for a long time. Now that he has the gospel in his life and has made changes, he wanted to come back and right some wrongs. He wanted to help spread God's word to those he loves most. We both felt that was the biggest reason for us to move. I also needed a change of scenery and a fresh start on life. Tim's Dad has a big empty house, and he offered to let us take the basement. All of Tim's friends and family seemed pretty glad to get him back here. Both of us want to pay off some debt and go to school. This will give us a better chance to do those things. Better yet, I found that we don't have to pay out of state fees for school here. If you live with family who has lived in the county for long enough, you are considered a resident immediately. Everything seems to be working out pretty well for us. The church we go to is awesome. Everyone is very friendly. Tim has already been given a calling as the Ward Mission Leader. Our ward covers a huge area, and some people drive up to 45 minutes to get to church on Sundays. We're really lucky to live only five minutes from the chapel. As for work, Tim just got hired on at Autozone as the Parts Manager. I was hired three weeks ago by a new Chiropractor who is in the process of purchasing a chiropractic business. I knew it would take longer than anticipated, so I went ahead and found a second part time job. I'm working nights and weekends as a caregiver for a company who assigns me various jobs in elderly folk's homes. I've always enjoyed this line of work, and had plenty of experience under my belt to land the job immediately. It's nice to have a "trade" to fall back on. The only thing that has yet to be worked out is the car situation. Tim's Dad promised me his other car, but it still needs to be insured and registered. I've had to do a lot of nagging and reminding to get things rolling... and I'm hoping I'll finally have the car by the end of this week. It wasn't a problem before Tim got his job, but now our schedules keep conflicting, and I've had to turn down some jobs, or leave them early. Whenever I miss home, and the one I left, I just give Andy a big hug and play with him. He's been great, and gives me lots of love. He follows me all around the house, and sleeps in my lap. He sleeps in the bed with us too, and cuddles up next to me. He's really spoiled... he lays on his back with his head on my pillow, and the blanket under his chin... just like a human. It's so cute.

2 comments:

Amy said...

That is so cute about Andy! ahh now you have a pet kid too! :-)

Unknown said...

Leaving home is always hard. You know just as well as I. When I moved to Wyoming I had to make the decision well before hand that I was going to make the best of the situation given to me. I was living with my brother in a cramped room without a window. Sleeping on the floor on a foam pad, but I loved it. I loved it because I had made the choice to love it. Afterall, you get out of life what you put into it. You sound like you've made that decision. You sound happy!